Pineapple is loaded with many antioxidants and nutrients that positively serve our body. Pineapples are delicious juicy as well as helpful to your body.
One pineapple contains
● Calories- 82.5 grams
● Carbohydrates- 21.6 grams
● Protein- 1 gram
● Fibre- 1.7 grams
Helps in recovery after surgery: Pineapple contains bromelain, which speeds up the recovery time as it has anti-inflammatory factors.
Reduces the risk of cancer: Studies say that pineapples have the power of reducing oxidative stress and inflammation, which are the main reasons of cancer growth in the body.
Fight diseases: Pineapple contains a lot of antioxidants which helps fight free radicals. These free radicals are the root cause of many diseases.
● A dietician might suggest avoiding over intake of pineapple as it can cause mouth irritation and pineapple allergy.
● There are no such side effects of pineapple, but one should always eat any fruit in a limited way.
Pineapple Chutney Recipe
● 1/2 Cup Vinegar
● 1/2 Cup Sugar
● 150 Gram Pineapple (finely diced)
● 1 tsp Ginger
● 1/2 tsp Garlic
● Juice of half lime
● 2 Kafir lime leaves
● 1 stalk lemongrass
● 1 Cinnamon stick
● 1 Star anise
● 2-3 Peppercorns
● 1 tsp Coriander chopped
● 2 tsp Spring onions chopped
● In a pan mix together vinegar and sugar and let the mixture reduce
● Add lemongrass, star anise, cinnamon, kafir lime leaves, lime juice, peppercorns, garlic, ginger and mix well.
● Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the pineapple pieces. Cook it for few minutes and garnish it with coriander leaves and spring onions.