Tea is a rich source of antioxidants which helps fight free radicals which are the main reasons for many chronic diseases. This serves very low calories and caffeine plus it contains a lot of phytonutrients. Apart from a list of minerals the most popularly it contains potassium and sodium.
What is the exact Tea contains?
Tea basically has a lot of antioxidants especially polyphenol and is absolutely free from calories and caffeine.
● Calories- 1
● Protein- 0.1 gram
● Sodium- 4 mg
● Potassium- 18 mg
● Carbohydrates- 0.2 grams
● Drinking tea helps in lowering the risk of strokes, heart attacks, and blocks cholesterol absorption.
● It can calm your mood and helps you be more alert. L-theanine is an amino acid present in tea helps in relaxation and also aids headache, insomnia etc.
● It helps fight cancer, especially those of the breast, pancreas, ovary, and bladder.
● It helps protect against bad breath, gum diseases, and cavities.
● It can provide incredible anti-stress and anti-anxiety effects when consumed daily.
● It reduces iron absorption by the body when taken in excess (due to the catechins present responsible for the weight reduction and metabolism-boosting) and results in anaemia. Hence it is not to be taken along with meals.
● It leads to the accumulation of oxalate crystals in the kidney. So those who take green tea should drink enough water; otherwise, chances of getting kidney stones is high. If someone is suffering from kidney stones, they should avoid green tea.
● Even though tea prevents various cancers, it hampers chemotherapy drug’s action if taken during the period of treatment.
Black Tea Recipe
Black tea is found to be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It is purely loaded with antioxidants that have many health benefits.
● 1 cup of water
● 2 tbsp of tea leave
● 2 tbsp of sugar
● Chunks of ginger
● 1tbsp of cardamom powder
● Bring the water to boil for 2 mins then off the flame and let it put down the temperature by itself.
● When it becomes a bit warm, add the tea leaves and ginger with cardamom powder and boil it for more 5 mins.
After you can see the water taking up the colour of tea off the flames and remove the tea leaves, Add lemon slice and honey